To get your child back, you must show the court that

  • you completed the case plan, and
  • you can take good care of your child.

If you cannot complete your case plan, your child may be placed

  • in long-term foster care,
  • with a legal guardian, or
  • for adoption.

If your child is going to be adopted, the court will end your rights as a parent first. Talk to your lawyer about these possibilities.

Important! If you get your child back, you are NOT done with the court! The court and your social worker will watch you and your child for at least six months.


Comments (0)