Child support is the money that one parent pays the other parent to support their child.

To get child support, you must start a child-support case. You can do this on your own or with your local child support agency (LCSA).

Your LCSA can

  • try to find your child’s other parent,
  • determine the child’s father with DNA testing,
  • ask the court to order him/her to pay monthly child support,
  • collect the child-support money, and
  • help make sure the child-support order is obeyed.

It takes LCSA several months to start a case. To learn about starting your case on your own, see


Comments (0)