If you are in danger now, call the police and ask for help. They will be able to help you get an Emergency Protective Order (EPO).

You do not need to go to court to get an EPO. An EPO orders the person to stay away from you for five to seven days.

To get other orders, which last longer, you (or someone helping you) must fill out court forms and file them at court. A judge will decide whether to make the order. The judge will decide the same day or the next business day.


Comments (0)