If you don’t want to choose who adopts your baby, you can give up custody through your county’s Social Service Agency (SSA) or the California Department of Social Services (CDSS). They will try to find a home for your baby.

If you make an adoption through one of these agencies, you can ask them whether the adoption is finalized, and, if not, whether the child is up for adoption currently. But these agencies will not tell you where the child is or who adopted him or her.

Find your county SSA at www.cwda.org

Find your local CDSS office at www.childsworld.ca.gov or call (916) 651-8848


Comments (0)