Call 911 immediately if you’re in danger now or think you may need help soon.

When the officer comes, you can ask for an Emergency Protective Order. This order tells the person you are afraid of to stay away from you (and your child) for five to seven days. It also gives you temporary custody of your child.

The police may also arrest the person who hurt you.  The police must write a report about what they see. That report can help you later.


Comments (0)