Most courts wait for parents who are minors under 18 to finish high school before ordering them to pay child support. But if the other parent has a job or other income, the court can probably order support.

Important! You do not have to wait for the other parent to turn 18 before asking for child support. It is a good idea to start your case now. That way, when the other parent turns 18, the court can order him/her to look for a job and start paying child support right after high school graduation.


Comments (0)