A birth certificate can be issued for the baby without a father’s name on it.

You can change the birth certificate later, if

  • a court decides who the legal father is, or
  • the father signs a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity.

Changing the birth certificate later does require going to a court. Learn more about the process of changing a name on a birth certificate here.


Comments (0)