You can get a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity form from your local

  • child-support agency,
  • registrar of births,
  • courthouse, or
  • Social Services department.

To be valid, the form must be signed in front of a state-approved witness or notary. Many of the locations listed above have state-approved witnesses. If you do not want to sign it at one of these agencies, you must sign it in front of a notary. Then, you’ll have to mail it to your local Department of Child Support Services.

Important! Keep a copy of the signed Declaration of Paternity.


Comments (0)