You and your child each need a U.S. passport to leave the U.S. and travel outside the country.

When you apply for your child’s passport, both parents must sign the application. If the other parent cannot sign the application in person, she or he can provide a notarized statement allowing you to get the passport. The other parent also must provide written permission for the child to leave the country.


Comments (0)