Maybe. If you are under 18, you are eligible for full-scope Medi-cal. If you are 18 or older and don’t have immigration papers, you could be eligible for certain kinds of limited state-based health care.

For example, you would likely only have access to restricted Medi-Cal. Restricted (or Limited-scope) Medi-cal usually covers emergency services and pregnancy-related care. It does not usually cover medications or doctor’s visits. However, if you are 21 or younger, a California resident, and DACA-eligible, you may also eligible for full-scope Medi-cal. You don’t need to present papers for getting the medical care itself. For more information on accessing healthcare if you are undocumented, see this guide.


Comments (0)