How do I get Cal-WORKs?

You can enroll in Cal-WORKs with your family. You can also apply on your own if you don’t live with your parents, have a child or are pregnant in your third trimester.


Do I qualify for Cal‑WORKs?

You may qualify for Cal‑WORKs if you

  • have children under 18 (or 19 if still in high school),
  • do not live with your child’s other parent, or one or both of you is not working full-time,
  • are low-income,
  • do not own significant assets, and
  • are a U.S. citizen or qualified immigrant.