CPS may ask you to give up custody if

  • it makes it easier for them to find a foster home for your child (even if you stay together), or
  • your social worker thinks you are not caring for your child well enough, but does not want to go to court to have the child taken from you.

If you give up custody, it may be hard to get your child back, even after you turn 18 and leave foster care. Don’t give up your child unless you have thought about it very carefully. Also, ask your lawyer for advice.


Comments (0)