If you are raped, get help as soon as you can. Call 911 and go to the nearest hospital. You can also take additional steps to get care after a rape.
- call the National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673, or
- go visit the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network here.
You will also need medical care, including
- STI/STD and HIV testing and treatment,
- medical treatment, if necessary, and
- emergency contraception (EC) to prevent pregnancy.
Important! If you could have been exposed to HIV, getting treated right away can keep you from getting HIV. If you wait more than a few days, you may not be able to get this treatment.