If you cannot agree, ask the court to order a parenting plan that is best for your child.

The court will send you to a mediator. A mediator is an independent professional who helps parents make a plan that is good for their children.

If you still cannot agree on a parenting plan with the help of a mediator, the court will decide for you.

Some things the judge will consider are

  • the mediator’s recommendation, if she or he makes one,
  • who has cared for the child so far,
  • how much time the child spends with each of you and how that time is spent, and
  • the child’s safety.

The orders will be what the court thinks is best for the child.


Comments (0)