Do your best to answer them.
- always tell the truth,
- listen carefully,
- look at the person talking to you,
- take your time to answer,
- if you do not understand, say, “I did not understand the question,”
- if you do not know an answer, say “I do not know,”
- always answer questions out loud—say “yes” or “no” instead of nodding or shaking your head, and
- speak clearly, slowly, and loudly enough to be understood.
The judge knows you will be nervous. Everyone gets nervous when they go to court. Try to relax.