Call the court clerk’s office in your county. Ask them where to turn in your forms, and whether you have to fill out any extra forms for that county.

Let them know if you are in foster care or involved in a juvenile criminal case.

Find the phone number, address, and website of your county’s court at

The court should notify the following people and agencies about your request:

  • the district attorney,
  • the child-support agency, and
  • your parents or guardian.

If your parents agree to your emancipation, they will also get a court form to fill out.


Comments (0)