There are 3 ways to get emancipated.
- Get married. You need permission from your parents and the court.
- Join the military and serve on active duty. You need permission from your parents, and you must be accepted by the military.
- Have a court declare you emancipated. To do that, you must prove ALL of these things:
• you are at least 14 years old,
• you do not live with your parents,
• your parents are letting you live somewhere else,
• you handle your own money,
• you have a legal way to make money (or are receiving aid to support yourself and the child), and
• emancipation would be good for you.