There are 3 ways to get emancipated.

  1. Get married. You need permission from your parents and the court.
  2. Join the military and serve on active duty. You need permission from your parents, and you must be accepted by the military.
  3. Have a court declare you emancipated. To do that, you must prove ALL of these things:
    •  you are at least 14 years old,
    •  you do not live with your parents,
    •  your parents are letting you live somewhere else,
    •  you handle your own money,
    •  you have a legal way to make money (or are receiving aid to support yourself and the child), and
    •  emancipation would be good for you.

Comments (0)