LCSA usually files a child-support case against the other parent of any child getting Cal‑WORKs or other state aid. They do this—even if you do not want the other parent involved—so they can get paid back.

Exception: If you do not want a child-support order because the other parent abused or threatened you, or you are afraid that contacting him about child support may put you or the child at risk of physical or emotional harm, then fill out a Good Cause form. You can write the reasons you are afraid, or you can give copies of proof, such as police reports. If LCSA does not approve your request, you can ask for a hearing.

Important! Please tell LCSA if you are worried about your or your child’s safety if LCSA contacts the other parent.


Comments (0)