Learning about parenting helps all parents. And there are resources in your community for teens who are pregnant or have a child.
- a parenting program at your school if there is one
- parenting information at the library or on the Internet
- a parenting class through the California Department of Social Services (CDSS)
- more information provided throughout this guide
- Try to remember what you liked and disliked as a child.
- Treat your child the way you wanted to be treated.
- Ask for advice from relatives, childcare workers, and other parents you admire.
If you need more help…
Find a Crisis Nursery near you. A Crisis Nursery is a place where you can leave your child (under 7 years old) for up to 30 days for free.
To see whether there is a Crisis Nursery near you, visit www.ccld.ca.gov
If you think it may be too hard to raise your child on your own, think about adoption. For more information, see Adoption.