You can file on your own or with a lawyer’s help. To learn more, see

You can also ask the court clerk’s office if they have Family Law Facilitators to help you.

If you are a man and want to prove that you are the baby’s father, you may have to first prove that you are the presumed father. Then, if you can get DNA results that show you are the father, you will have the same rights and duties as the mother.

For free help and answers to your questions, contact a POP (Paternity Opportunity Program):

If both parents agree who the father is, you don’t need to go to court.


Comments (0)