You and your child have the right to stay together if CPS can find a placement for the two of you. CPS must try to do this.

If CPS tries to separate you and your child for any reason, talk to your social worker and a lawyer right away. Ask them to help you protect your right to live with your child.

Exception: You may be separated from your child if

  • you do not want to be with your child,
  • you are not a fit parent, or
  • your child would be in danger by staying with you.

Comments (0)